Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lamb Kebab


Grilled kebab is probably one of the most beloved dishes in the mediterranean region having many variations and  unique flavors. I have tried countless recipes to find the perfect kebab, just like the ones I would always eat in the restaurants in Israel, and until I found this recipe in The Book of New Israeli Food by Janna Gur, I was never really content with the results. I have served this dish at many parties and every time the reactions are phenomenal and everyone wants the secret! As a side note - I have tried many recipes from this book and one is better than the other! If you ever want to buy a book that is both gorgeous and delicious - I would definitely recommend this one, it is well worth the investment! Enough talking, let's get cooking!


INGREDIENTS
1kg fresh coarsely ground lamb (shoulder or thigh, with the fat)
2 large onions chopped coarsely
2/3 cup parsley chopped finely
1 cup pine nuts
1 tsp crushed black pepper
½  tsp baharat spice mix
1 heaping tsp salt



METHOD
1.    Mix all ingredients and knead for 4-5 minutes.
2.    Shape into long or round kebabs and thread onto metal skewers.
3.  Grill for 3-4min on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment