This ebelskivers recipe also contains a classic combination of ingredients - our beloved spinach and feta - can't go wrong with that!
1 cup cake flour
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 large eggs, separated
1 cup whole milk
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp dried oregano
10oz frozen chopped spinach½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Drain spinach thoroughly.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and oregano.
3. Separately, whisk egg yolks, whisk in milk, and melted but cooled butter.
4. Add yolk mixture to flour mixture, add the spinach, stir with a wooden spoon until well blended. Don’t over stir, batter will be lumpy.
5. Separately, using an electric mixer on high speed beat the egg whites until still peaks form. Using a silicone spatula, fold about 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter to lighten it, then fold the rest until no white streaks remain. Use batter right away.
6. Brush the wells of the pan with some melted butter and place over medium heat. When butter starts to bubble add 1 tbsp batter to each well, then 1 rounded tsp feta cheese, and top off with 1 tbsp batter. Cook until bottoms are lightly browned, turn them over, and cook until other side is lightly browned.7. Remove and keep warm in a 200F oven