Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Kotlieti (Ground Meat Patties)














A classic of many cuisines and every day meals, kotlieti are simply ground meat patties, as they are called in Russian. This is my grandma's recipe and it yields light and airy patties thanks to the secret ingredients that she adds - zucchini and soda water! This is one of the dishes we have on regular basis and each time we gobble them up as quickly as possible!

INGREDIENTS
1lb ground turkey
1 medium onion
½ medium zucchini
2 eggs
3-4 garlic teeth
2 tbsp soda water
2-3 tbsp bread crumbs
Salt
Pepper

METHOD
1.  Place onion, zucchini and garlic in food processor to achieve an even mash.
2.  Mix meat with the mash, add eggs, water, and bread crumbs
3. Mix until all the water is absorbed, wet hands and form oval shaped patties about 2" in length and fry on medium-high heat in oil until brown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment