Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sirniki (Farmer's Cheese Pancakes)












My most favorite breakfast ever, these are Russian Tvorog (soft farmer's cheese) pancakes served warm with sour cream. A Saturday morning would rarely be complete without these! The main ingredient is best bought in Russian stores, unfortunately I still haven't found an American equivalent to replace this type of cheese exactly, but check your stores, you never know what you may find when you're looking for it. This recipe is the one my Grandpa used to make for us growing up, and of course now we continue the legacy!

INGREDIENTS
1 lb tvorog (farmer’s cheese, consistency similar to ricotta)
2 egg
½ cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt


METHOD
1.  Mix and fry on medium heat till golden.

1 comment:

  1. These look great! Will you consider sharing the tvorog recipe?? I would love to make these!!

    ReplyDelete