Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Pistachio and Chocolate Flourless Cake



To continue on with the passover edition, here's a solution to dessert with no flour! I got this out of my favorite source which I have mentioned to you before, The Book of New Israeli Cooking by Janna Gur - a must have in my opinion! This cake is extremely simple and quick and made solely out of nuts. If you don't have pistachios you may replace them with hazelnuts. Happy baking!


INGREDIENTS
2 eggs
2 separated eggs
½ cup+1tbsp sugar
1½  cups pistachios
1 tbsp cocoa powder
¾ cup almonds
¾ cup chocolate chips
1½ tbsp melted butter



METHOD
1.     Chop the pistachios coarsely (I like to put them in a ziplock bag and crush with a hammer).
2.     Grind the almonds finely.
3.     Beat 2 whole eggs and 2 yolks with 80g (¼cup+2tbsp+2tsp) sugar using a mixer until a thick, fluffy cream forms.
4.     Add the pistachios, almonds, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips and mix to a smooth batter.
5.     Beat the 2 egg whites with the remaining sugar (2.5tbsp) to soft peaks and fold into the batter.
6.     Melt the butter, stir it into the batter.
7.   Pour the batter into a well greased pan and bake for 40 minutes in 310oF (160oC).

No comments:

Post a Comment