To continue on with the passover edition, here's a solution to dessert with no flour! I got this out of my favorite source which I have mentioned to you before, The Book of New Israeli Cooking by Janna Gur - a must have in my opinion! This cake is extremely simple and quick and made solely out of nuts. If you don't have pistachios you may replace them with hazelnuts. Happy baking!
2 separated eggs
½ cup+1tbsp sugar
1½ cups pistachios
1 tbsp cocoa powder
¾ cup almonds
¾ cup chocolate chips1½ tbsp melted butter
1. Chop the pistachios coarsely (I like to put them in a ziplock bag and crush with a hammer).
2. Grind the almonds finely.
3. Beat 2 whole eggs and 2 yolks with 80g (¼cup+2tbsp+2tsp) sugar using a mixer until a thick, fluffy cream forms.
4. Add the pistachios, almonds, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips and mix to a smooth batter.
5. Beat the 2 egg whites with the remaining sugar (2.5tbsp) to soft peaks and fold into the batter.
6. Melt the butter, stir it into the batter.
7. Pour the batter into a well greased pan and bake for 40 minutes in 310oF (160oC).