Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Classic American Pancakes














Classic American pancakes are a delicious and simple breakfast choice in many homes, and they don't always have to be bought frozen or as pre-made mixes. The key to the perfect pancakes is in the method in which the ingredients are mixed, so follow the instructions to the tee!


INGREDIENTS
1.25 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
0.5 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
75g butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk



METHOD
1.   Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
2.   Melt the butter
3.   Beat the eggs gradually into the warm melted butter - careful, make sure it's not too hot, you don't want to cook the eggs! 
4.   Beat the milk and vanilla extract into the egg and butter mix.
5.   Mix the dry ingredients for a few seconds and then add the liquids and mix with a wooden spoon in short efficient movements without mixing too much. It’s ok to leave some lumps in order to avoid overmixing.
6.   Let stand for at least 30mins.
7.   Warm griddle to level 4.5/10 on stove or use electric griddle on medium setting, and pour pancakes.
8.   Flip when there are bubbles and the pancake is not completely dry.
9.  Serve with butter and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment