Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Crêpes














One of the most famous foods in the whole world, French Crêpes are a common street food in many countries. It's fillings can be sweet or salty, light or heavy, and the way it is folded varies just as much. The ways to make crêpes at home also vary and are simply based on your preference. You can purchase crêpe pans of various sizes on which you pour the batter and with a motion of your wrist spread the batter to a thin layer. You can also purchase a crêpe maker onto which you pour the batter and spread with a special crêpe spreader that is usually sold together, and that is the way most street vendors make it. But none of this is essential, if you're just starting out - just use your regular pan! 



INGREDIENTS
4 eggs
3.5 tbsp butter (50g)
2 tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 cups flour
2 cups milk

METHOD
1.   Mix dry and liquid ingredients separately, then combine.
2.   Let stand for 30min.
3.  Fry on medium heat and turn when the amount of steam lessens and edges start to set.
4. Serving suggestion: Spread nutella on half the crepe, top it with slices bananas, fold it in half, then fold one third to the middle and the other third over it, creating a pie shaped folded crepe.


No comments:

Post a Comment