Delicious risotto made from scratch, but so worth it!
6 cups chicken broth, divided
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 lb Portobello mushrooms,
1 lb white mushrooms,
2 shallots, diced
1.5 cups Arborio rice
½ cup dry white wine
sea salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons chopped chives
4 tbsps butter1/3 cup grated Parmesan
1. In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat and maintain warm.
2. In a large saucepan, warm 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft.
4. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
5. In a medium size pot, add 1 tbsp olive oil and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute.
6. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes.
7. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed.
8. Add ½ cup broth to the rice and stir until the broth is absorbed.
9. Continue adding broth ½ cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 mins.10. Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.