Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mushroom Risotto

















Delicious risotto made from scratch, but so worth it!


INGREDIENTS
6 cups chicken broth, divided
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 lb Portobello mushrooms,
    thinly sliced
1 lb white mushrooms,
    thinly sliced
2 shallots, diced
1.5 cups Arborio rice
½ cup dry white wine
sea salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons chopped chives
4 tbsps butter
1/3 cup grated Parmesan



METHOD
1.       In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat and maintain warm.
2.       In a large saucepan, warm 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
3.       Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft.
4.        Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
5.       In a medium size pot, add 1 tbsp olive oil and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute.
6.       Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes.
7.       When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed.
8.       Add ½ cup broth to the rice and stir until the broth is absorbed.
9.       Continue adding broth ½ cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 mins.
10.  Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment