Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Swedish Pancakes


You might have tried these in a restaurant as these have become quite a popular breakfast food, they are similar to Russian blini and French crepes in form, but of course the texture is somewhat different. These pancakes are served with lingonberry jam, typical of this northern region, making for a true Swedish experience!


INGREDIENTS
3 eggs
2.5 cups milk
1.25 cups flour
3 tbsp melted butter
½ tsp salt


METHOD
1.   Beat eggs with half the milk, then beat in flour until smooth, salt, and rest of milk and butter.
2.  Pour about ¼ cup on medium heat, spread it all around pan, and turn when edges are brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment