Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Shakshuka (Runny Eggs with Dip Dish)

A hearty and delicious breakfast that I'd be willing to have any day, this north African dish has it all - tomatoes, eggs, and bread! Shakshuka consists of a tomato sauce with soft eggs on top, served either on top of bread or with bread for dipping.


INGREDIENTS
1 medium can diced tomatoes
4 eggs
2 tbsp tomato paste
Harissa sauce
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Chopped garlic
Bread for serving



METHOD
1.    Place 1 can of diced tomatoes in pan, add chopped garlic and the above spices to taste. Cover and cook for about 10 min.
2.    Add 2 tbsp tomato paste and cook for another 3-5mins.
3.    Break 4 eggs on top of the tomatoes and continue cooking until the desired consistency of the yolk – preferably soft yolk.
 4.  Remove and serve each yolk with the sauce on a piece of bread. 



No comments:

Post a Comment