Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spanish Tortilla with Red Peppers



















Spanish tortilla is probably one of the most famous and universally loved exports of Spanish cuisine, offered in many high class restaurants around the world in it's many variations and flavors, and yet it is such a simple and basic dish that anyone can enjoy at home. The tortilla can be enjoyed as a breakfast dish, you can impress your friends at a pitch in brunch, or serve it as an esthetic appetizer cut into small pieces. This particular recipe is simply how I like to make it, if you don't like this combination of spices feel free to change it up. As far as the potatoes go, you may cut them and put them raw on the pan and cook with the peppers for about 15minutes, but for time saving purposes I like to pre-microwave them so they are somewhat soft before they are on the pan. The fresh peppers can also be substituted for ready made chopped roasted red pepper, this way you save even more time on a busy Sunday morning! These quantities make a tortilla for 2 on a small frying pan, if you need to serve more make sure to multiply the ingredients and use an appropriate size pan so you get the nice height of the tortilla as can be seen in the picture. Buen Provecho! 

INGREDIENTS
2 medium sized potatoes
1 red pepper chopped
1 onion
4 eggs
a splash of milk
salt
pepper
tsp garlic powder
sweet paprika
turmeric

METHOD
1.     Cut the potatoes to 1-2cm size cubes. Place on a plate and microwave for 3minutes.
2.     Oil a small frying pan and turn on medium heat. Salt and pepper the potatoes, add the potatoes and pepper to the pan and let cook for a few minutes until almost soft but not brown.
3.     Beat the eggs with a splash of milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, sweet paprika, and turmeric to taste.
4.     Pour eggs over potatoes, cover and let cook until bottom is solid and separates from pan easily.
5.     Place a plate over the pan, quickly flip it over and let the tortilla fall into the plate, then slide it back into the pan with the uncooked side down.
6.    Cover and let cook for a few minutes until eggs have cooked through on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment