Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Israeli Schnitzel (Breaded Chicken)




Who doesn't love breaded chicken? Just about every culture in the world has it's version of their favorite way to bread meat, and this one is mine! Sesame seeds are a very common ingredient in Israeli cuisine and form an essential part of this recipe. In Israel I buy a premade sesame breading mix, but since it is not commonly available in other places, simply add enough sesame seeds to the breading you buy in the store to mimic the ratio achieved in the above picture. The mixture of spices, sesame and very very tender chicken makes this a dish that's usually gone before it ever leaves the frying pan! 


INGREDIENTS
Chicken tenders
Breading with sesame seeds
Sweet paprika
Hot paprika
Salt
Pepper
Eggs
Milk (optional)
Oil



METHOD
1.     Whisk eggs in a bowl with spices to taste, may add some milk. Ratio of about 1 eggs for 4 schnitzels.
2.     Place sesame breading mix on large flat plate, add spices to taste, and spread evenly.
3.     Place chicken tenders in a ziplock bag one at a time and beat with a kitchen hammer until almost paper thin.
4.     Heat oil in a frying pan (don't use cooking spray or olive oil - it won't turn out!) on medium heat.
5.   Dip each chicken patty in egg, then breading, then place in hot oil. Flip when bottom has slightly browned, fry second side, and remove onto a paper towel to absorb the extra oil. If oil becomes dirty after a batch you may need to replace it to avoid burning the schnitzels.
6.   Serve with fries and ketchup!

No comments:

Post a Comment