Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spinach & Feta Shakshuka (Runny Eggs with Dip Dish)

















In the spirit of the holiday, and with the weekend coming up, here's a great Sunday brunch idea. As I've mentioned in my previous Shakshuka recipe, the typical Shakshuka is made with sunny side up eggs with runny yolk on top of a thick tomato sauce and eaten with bread by dipping or serving as a sandwich. This recipe is a twist on the classic shakshuka for those who aren't huge fans of tomatos, or simply for an interesting and tasty morning variety. In the picture you can see I've added some mushrooms and made a smaller portion, so definitely feel free to be creative! This recipe serves 6, so adjust as you wish for your party size. Great with french bread or pita bread, but any bread will do!


INGREDIENTS
2 leeks (white part only), finely sliced
1 tbsp butter
500g fresh  spinach leaves washed and trimmed
2 garlic cloves, crushed
salt
pepper
6 eggs
100g crumbled feta cheese


METHOD
1.     Melt the butter in a deep skillet and sauté the leeks until soft and translucent but not brown.
2.     Add spinach and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Season gently, remember that feta is salty.
3.     Break the eggs onto the spinach arranging the yolks around the pan. Sprinkle the cheese around the pan.
4.     Turn heat to low, cover the pan and simmer until the egg whites set, 5-7 minutes.
5.   Serve immediately with your favorite bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment