Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Four Cheese Risotto












Simple, cheesy risotto. Enough said!

INGREDIENTS
4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp olive oil
8 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1.5 cups risotto rice
 ½ cup White wine
1.5 cups grated parmesan
2 oz gorgonzola, cubed
2 oz fontina cheese, cubed
2 oz taleggio cheese, rind removed and cubed
Handful flat leaved parsley coarsely chopped
Salt and pepper


METHOD
1.       Heat the stock until almost boiling, reduce to barely simmer.
2.       Heat butter and oil over medium heat, add shallots and cook 1-2mins until softened but not browned. Add garlic.
3.       Add rice (vialone, nano, carnaroli, arborio)and stir with wooden spoon until grains are coated and glistening, 1min. Add wine and stir until absorbed.
4.       Add 1 ladle of hot stock and simmer, stirring to absorption.
5.       Continue to add stock in intervals and cook as before until rice is tender but still firm, about 18-20mins. Reserve the last ladle of stock.
6.     Add the reserved stock, the cheeses, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well, remove from heat, cover, and let rest for 2mins. Serve sprinkled with parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment