Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Gondi (Chicken & Chickpea Balls)












Gondi is a unique dish to the Jewish Persian community, consisting of a ground chicken and chickpea ball served with chicken soup. The fluffier and more airy the consistency, the more successful they are considered, and the taste is incomparable!


INGREDIENTS
2-3 finely chopped onions
1lb ground chicken
2.5 cups chickpea flour
¼ tsp turmeric
½ tsp cardamom
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
2 quarts chicken stock
1 handful basil, mint, parsley, cilantro



METHOD
1.   Chop onions finely in processor (don’t pure), mix with flour.
2.   Add chicken, oil, salt, pepper, cardamom, turmeric, cumin.
3.   Refrigerate for 2 hours
4.   Boil chicken stock, form 2” diameter balls and throw into boiling stock.
5.   Cover and let simmer 30-40mins.
6.  Garnish the soup with the green leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment