Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Green Ciorba (Vegetable Soup)

















This delicious Romanian soup can be eaten hot or cold, top it off with some sour cream, and it is the most comforting bowl of soup you've ever tasted! Here again, the quantities don't have to be exact - just make it so it fits the size of your pot.


INGREDIENTS
Potatoes
Carrots
Zucchini
Parsley root
Baby spinach
Dill
Green onion
Lemon juice
Sour cream



METHOD
1.       Place water in a large pot, add medium size potatoes cut in half, carrots cut in large pieces, zucchini cut in large circles, and parsley root. Bring to boil and simmer for 20min.
2.       Add baby spinach, dill, and green onion and cook until all vegetables have softened.
3.      Add lemon juice and serve with sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment