Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Potato, Portabella, and Goat Cheese Salad

Created, again, when there was nothing else around, this salad turned out quite pleasant. Portabella mushrooms and goat cheese are among my favorite ingredients in the kitchen, so needless to say their combination is always a winning one! I haven't made this salad in a while so I don't have a picture available, but I'll get one up here next time. As far as quantities, I never made it the same way twice, so I'll leave the judgment up to you!


INGREDIENTS
Red potatos
Portabello mushrooms
Onions
Black olives
Hearts of palm
Goat cheese
Olive oil
Oregano
Salt
Pepper 



METHOD
1.   Cook/microwave potatoes and cut to cubes.
2.   Chop onions and cut mushrooms into strips/squares, fry them together in olive oil.
3.   Add spices and potatoes to the pan.
4.   Remove from stove and add hearts of palm and black olives.
5.  Mix in goat cheese while warm to allow it to evenly cover ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment